Pages

Wednesday 28 January 2015

The Battle for Modernity on the Kurdistan Border

YPG/YPJ commanders and Kobani Canton officials announcing liberation of Kobani from the IS 

The Long War will be 30 or 100 years (depending on your point of view) in duration, and so we should enjoy every victory along the way. I have no idea why it was up to Kurds to begin to turn the tide on Islamofascism, but that's the way it is. I think I am ready to start learning the Kurdish language. In any case, here is my pean to the Kurds submitted for publication on December 1, 2014. I am no seer but am proud that this essay only became more relevant over the past seven or so weeks. Now out from behind the subscriber's wall - though why not become a subscriber to Quadrant, at least a digital one? Here is the piece: http://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2015/01-02/battle-modernity-borders-kurdistan/